Paperless Offices in Phoenix
A paperless office is usually ideal for Phoenix businesses—but 95% of Arizona companies still have documents and company information laying on desks and stored in filing cabinets. Paper files might be easy to access, but over time these papers pile up, more and more filing cabinets are added, and all of the sudden one of your offices is utilized solely as storage.
In most cases, when businesses make the decision to “go digital,” they hire a professional Phoenix document scanning service. Digital documents are easier to access and it optimizes document flow through your business.
Is the Paperless Office Right for Your Phoenix Business? First Consider These Questions
It’s possible you’ll come across some issues if you decide to make the transition to a paperless office—this checklist will help you avoid some of the pitfalls associated with the conversion:
- Is hiring a document scanning service a cost effective solution for you? This usually depends on how many documents you want to convert.
- Will file organization be easier by going paperless and making use of an ongoing scanning service?
- Will it be easier to access documents through an electronic management system than through the system you’re using now?
- Are you going to save a significant amount of money spent on paper, postage, ink and other supplies each month?
- How much time to do you spend shuffling through stacks of paper? Will electronic documents eliminate some or all of that?
- How do you back up your business files now—what happens when the system crashes?
- Will confidential files and documents containing personal or critical business information be more secure through document scanning and electronic storage?
- Will record scanning save you considerable storage space in your office?
- Will your new system be easy to use, and will your employees find it easier to use digitized documents?
If you can answer all these questions with confidence, then you’re ready to go paperless! Give us a call at (623) 565-8920 or fill out the form to the left to request a free quote and get started.
Federal Laws that Encourage Electronic Document Storage
• In 1996, the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA) was passed, compelling companies to store information electronically, specifically addressing the security and privacy of health data. The standards are meant to improve the efficiency and effectiveness of the nation’s health care system by encouraging the widespread use of electronic data in the US health care system.
• In 2002, the Sarbanes-Oxley Act was passed, which requires businesses to properly maintain financial records. That includes being able to retrieve them when required. This is significantly easier when the documents are stored electronically.
• In 2003, Congress passed the Fair and Accurate Credit Reporting Act (FACTA), which also requires business to properly safeguard and store personal information of employees and customers and properly destroy them. If documents are systematically converted to a digital format, it is easier to store, retrieve, and ultimately destroy this sensitive information.
There are many Phoenix organizations that still operate under a flood of paper documents. Employees maintain a personal archive, each office maintains another archive, and then there is the official company archive. The storage required for paper documents grows at a rate of 20-25% every year.
In order to help meet their storage needs, many companies look to offsite document storage solutions to store their company documents. This solves the storage problem but can be very costly depending on the size of the business.
Consider this—just one 80 gigabyte hard drive can hold 2.7 million documents and costs only $120. To store the same amount of paper documents would require 68 four-drawer file cabinets, and the cost for one cabinet by itself is more than $120. It is no wonder that more and more companies are making the decision to go paperless, and at Phoenix Document Scanning, we can help your business do it too!
Get Free Quotes on Document Scanning and Storage Services in Phoenix, AZ
To learn more about any of the available services offered here at Phoenix Document Scanning, give us a call at (623) 565-8920 or fill out the form on the left to request a FREE document scanning or storage quote.